Our training is based on the kindest, most progressive and effective non-punitive methods. We carefully design and structure training programmes to be the best they can for dog and owner and hope that you enjoy the sessions as much as we do! These policies are written in the interest of safety, responsibility and care for owners and dogs.
- Harsh handling is not permitted. We have a complete ban on choke chains, check chains, prong collars and other coercive, intimidating or punitive techniques, in accordance with the APDT Code of Practice, http://www.apdt.co.uk. Please ensure you have lots of scrummy treats and your dog's favourite toy(s) when attending training. We reserve the right to cease the session or leave the premises if owners are abusive to any dog and/or person.
- Owners are expected to clean up after their dogs when in public places. All dogs must be kept under control and on lead in public areas, (off lead only where specifically instructed by your instructor). We are there to help, but you are responsible for the conduct of your dog at all times.
- We take all reasonable precautions to minimise risk of injury by any means. Participation in training packages and behavioural services is at the owner's risk. ProgDog cannot accept responsibility for loss, injury or damage to person(s), dog(s) or property. Any accidents or issues involving a person or dog must be reported to your instructor immediately.
- Children are very welcome to attend the training sessions, indeed they are often the best handlers! However, for the sake of safety and consistency in training, young people under the age of 16 must be with an adult at all times. Children who make a lot of noise or dash about can teach dogs to chase children! Parents might wish to sit down with their children before their training session to explain how important it is for them to listen and be involved.
- The welfare and safety of all dogs is our priority. Please let us know if your dog is not in a fit state to train due to disease, injury or other reason. If you are unsure, please liaise with your veterinary surgeon for advice. If training in public areas, all dogs should be wormed and fully protected by vaccination, as advised by their Vet.
- Payment is required on receipt of an invoice before your first session. Payment can be made via BACS or Credit/Debit card prior to your first session. If you wish to discuss other payment options, please contact us. By completing an application form, you have acknowledged that you are aware of our terms and conditions.
- Consultations outside of a 10 mile radius from the ProgDog office will be charged at 45p per mile. This will be added to your invoice at the time of booking.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: We hope that you won't have to cancel. However, if you are unable to make an appointment, please let us know as soon as possible. Where possible, we will endeavour to re-arrange your appointment, however a minimum of 48 hours notice is required for this. The full cost will be charged for non-appearance or cancellation if less than 48 hours notice is given. Refunds cannot be given after your training programme has started, except in exceptional circumstances, as decided by your instructor on a case by case basis. Transfers to other parties or to other programmes are not permitted. In very exceptional circumstances, ProgDog reserves the right to change an appointment at any time with immediate effect, without cause. Where we have had to cancel an appointment and a re-arrangement has not been possible, we will refund the cost of that session only.
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you give ProgDog permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog. You release all claims against ProgDog with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials. If you do not wish for you or your dog's image to be used, please inform your instructor.
- We treat your personal data security with the upmost importance. Our computer systems are protected by a firewall that is designed to prevent unlawful access to our computer held records. We cannot, however, guarantee that such an event will not occur and will not accept any liability of any loss thus caused. Our anti-virus software scans all emails before transmission but we cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss arising from such an event occurring. Any card payments that are made are processed using a secure system.
- The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog and to contact you in relation to dog training activities. It will not be passed on to any third parties unless under Court Order.
- We send out an occasional email newsletter which we would encourage you to opt in to receiving to find out about future training, news, events and special offers.